Learning is a process of experience and reflection which allows for the transfer of understanding.
At AIS-R, we learn by doing. As mathematicians, scientists, artists, writers, athletes, engineers, global citizens and more, students actively practice and apply the skills of the disciplines in authentic contexts. Through ongoing feedback and reflection, we learn from our mistakes, co-construct understanding and learn deeply.
AIS-R’s research-based Learning Principles guide us in developing a collaborative learning culture where all students learn at high levels:
- Learning is an ongoing and active process.
- Learning results from thinking.
- Learning occurs within reciprocal relationships.
- Learning is influenced by the environment.
- Deep learning results from understanding that is transferred and applied to new and unfamiliar experiences.
In today's rapidly evolving educational landscape, the emphasis on dynamic, enriching, and empowering learning experiences has never been greater. The AIS-R learning community embodies this spirit, fostering an environment where education extends beyond mere information recall to ignite curiosity, stimulate critical thinking, and cultivate lifelong learners.