First and foremost, working at AIS-R and interacting with the AIS-R community is very rewarding. As an AIS-R employee, you will be working with dynamic and experienced colleagues from all over the world who bring a passion for learning and for life to campus every day. Our vision is 'Learn With Us' and we take that to heart with a well developed learning community and professional learning program where you can engage with AIS-R teachers. There are also plenty of coaching opportunities, after school activities and clubs that require your expertise and passion.
Once you are finished with your school day, Riyadh has plenty to offer in the community, including shopping, restaurants, markets, museums and other cultural experiences, now including movie theaters. There are a variety of clubs and activities that may pique your interest and you might even find a new activity or hobby to take part in while living in Saudi Arabia. People are often surprised to find a vibrant, social community, with a variety of activities that cater to diverse interests. The anxiety of arriving in a new and unfamiliar place quickly fades to a sense of comfort and safety as adults and children develop their social networks and take part in everyday life.
- AIS-R and Al Bustan (where overseas hired faculty and families reside) are connected by an internal gate that allows Al Bustan Residents to walk/bike to school in no more than 10 minutes;
- Compound living provides easy access to peers, athletics facilities, pools, parks, restaurants and speed controlled streets and sidewalks;
- Al Bustan Village and the AIS-R Campus are located in the north end of Riyadh, about 20 minutes from the airport and the downtown area;
- Within 20 minutes drive you will find movie theaters, local restaurants and restaurant chains like Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, Starbucks, etc.
- With a population of more than 5 million people, Riyadh is home to a wide variety of activities;
- Teachers at AIS-R regularly venture out to desert camp, explore museums, shop in western boutiques, attend events (i.e. Cirque de Soleil, Comedy shows (Russell Peters), music concerts (Toby Keith), WWE, etc.), and attend sporting events;
- There are lots of opportunities to travel within the Kingdom, including trips to Jeddah for amazing scuba diving, or The Farasan Islands.
- ASAs (After School Activities) include sports teams, art, music, games and a variety of other interests;
- ASL (After School Learning) is available to students who are looking for guidance or support in their subject areas;
- Week Without Walls sees High School students travel internationally and participate in internships and other learning opportunities locally. Middle School and Elementary School students engage in learning activities that include field trips, service learning, outdoor activity, athletics, etc.
- Swimming, biking, running, camping, hiking, golf and other sports are all great ways for students to be active, healthy and enjoy the great outdoors;
- Counseling Services and Social-Emotional Learning in all divisions prepare students as they develop as members of a global community;
- The PTSO (Parent Teacher Student Organization) hosts two major events per year, Family Fun Day and Intercultural Festival where students and families come together to enjoy.
Social Committee Highlights
- The AIS-R Social Committee is accessible by all Faculty and Staff members and their families;
- Events such as fun-runs, cultural celebrations, movie nights, souq (market) visits, scavenger hunts, live music, etc are organized by the Social Committee;
- The Social Committee is organized by Faculty and Staff for Faculty and Staff. Families have the opportunity to connect with other families away from the classroom.