Distance Learning @ AIS-R Defined
AIS-R's Distance Learning Plan 2.0 blends “synchronous” instruction (real-time) to include: live lessons, office hours, and peer break-out groups, with “asynchronous” (accessible anytime) modules in an intentionally designed schedule for developmental-appropriateness, peer connectivity (social, emotional, and academic) and a school/life balance. This enhanced plan includes research from National Standards for Quality Online Learning, Virtual Learning Leadership Alliance, and the Digital Learning Collaborative.
The quality of Synchronous/LIVE Zoom Learning is enhanced by:
- A daily schedule that provides consistency and structure
- A balance of whole class and small group interaction
- Frequent, personal check-in’s with teachers
- Regular feedback to students & parents via emails, assignments, portfolios, etc.
The quality of Asynchronous/Home Learning is enhanced by:
- Developmentally-appropriate independence
- A balance of independent and collaborative work
- Resource-rich resources for learning to include articles, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Opportunities for acceleration, challenge and extension